Thursday, May 14, 2015

Kitchen and master bath decisions...

I spent another couple of hours at the design center today to plan out our kitchen and master bath.  With my Starbucks in hand and my inspiration photos readily accessible I was totally ready for this appointment!  I was even prepared for the questions that have previously stunned me.  Such as, "Do you want your tile staggered?" And, "What size do you want your grout lines?" Our master bath is going to be all Carrera Oro Marble.  I wish I could use it in the kitchen too but apparently marble stains and is super high maintenance.  And while I don't have any issues with high maintenance (wink, wink) I do not want to be upset if my guests spill some wine or my kids knock over a blueberry smoothie on my counter.  Therefor, in the kitchen, my beloved marble will only make an appearance on the back splash and the counter top is still to be determined.  I'm taking a field trip next week to the stone distributor to decide on that.