Saturday, May 30, 2015

My beloved carrera marble making another appearance

Today I made the official decisions on our flooring.  I've known from the beginning that I've wanted dark, distressed, hardwood downstairs and I picked our carpet for the upstairs several weeks ago.  Today, I tried to design our entryway flooring.  Our entryway is not very big because it opens up into the great room, but I want it to stand out and be an elegant entrance into our home.  I want it to sparkle and set the tone for the rest of the house.  So really, under those parameters, choosing the material was a no brainier.  My cherished carrera marble.  Once that was decided I had to come up with a design that would work in the space and make a glamorous statement.  I'm excited with the design.   Fingers crossed that it creates the look I want and doesn't end up a total mess.

We are going to incorporate a bit of this herringbone pattern in the design.  In my head it looks fab!  We shall see...