Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Good riddance

The pups are sure going to miss this couch.  Me?  Not so much.  


I'm doubtful this thing will even last another six weeks and 3 days until we move.  I'm pretty sure once the moving van pulls up it will just disintegrate into a big pile of threads, fluff, and Great Dane hair.  My sweet Chloe girl is all skin and bones and needs a comfy spot to lay, so I let her use our couch whenever she wanted.  What I didn't account for was the wear and tear on a piece of furniture when your 115 lb. dog uses it exclusively to rest on.  Do you see how she smashes the cushion?  A cushion just doesn't bounce back from that.  And Charlie of course observed her and now thinks that is the proper way to sit on a couch, with all your weight smashing the back cushion.  Oy vey.  Add to that the lovely huge tears from Charlie's puppy teeth and you have one sad excuse for a sofa.  I sure hope the dogs like the new and improved dog beds we've invested in for the new house because they are NOT going to be on the new furniture… while I'm in the room.