Friday, September 18, 2015

Winter Dusk

The first thing I purchased for the new house was a painting of the Chrysler Building.  It was a Christmas present for Preston last year.  We both LOVE Manhattan and some of our best memories are of our times spent together in the big apple.  Our most favorite building that makes up that gorgeous skyline is the Chrysler Building.  It's just so sparkly, I could stare at it all night.  I thought it would be a great statement piece for the new office.  So today I got out the painting and sat in some good natural light and choose a paint color for the office that would compliment the painting.  Dunn Edward's "Winter Dusk" it is.  Quite fitting since I think Manhattan is most magical in the winter and the Chrysler building most stunning at dusk.  


Meanwhile, at the house today, they finished up all of the interior painting and installed ventilation grills.  Ventilation grills aren't exactly something to get excited about but it's one more thing to cross of the list so that's pretty darn exciting for me!