Friday, January 8, 2016

Back at it...

Moving is stressful.  The holidays are stressful.  Moving during the holidays is pure insanity and I do not recommend it.  I am happy to report though that we came out unscathed, purely by the grace of God.  Somehow everyone got fed, even the dogs.  Somehow the homework and reports all got done. Albeit last minute and with me shouting from under a pile of boxes, "Help your brother with his math!" Somehow my son managed to win the spirit day dress up contest when all I did was throw on his old Halloween costume.  Somehow my daughter delivered all of her Christmas play lines beautifully even though they were all new to me.  Somehow I didn't miss anyone on my Christmas list.  At least, not that I am aware of.  Somehow my kids rocked their Christmas piano recitals.  Somehow I never did have that nervous breakdown I kept thinking was looming.

So it's January and the holidays are over.  Thank God.  And I can breath again.  And while the last two months have been crazy, it's been filled with all good craziness.  I have enjoyed every second of making this brand new house feel like home.  So I'm back to blogging about the progress of our house, and as it evolves from just a house to OUR home sweet home.

Our beloved painter, Henry, was in our home for 4 weeks.  It's a good thing we really like him.  His first task was Madelyn's room because she was so anxious to see it all come together.  He painted her walls in Dunn Edwards Soft Lilac and installed wallpaper on one wall as an accent.  It came together perfectly and I had a very happy and grateful 11 year old who was so ready to be done with her pink and light green room she had been in since she was 18 months.