Monday, January 11, 2016

His and hers office with a view

At our old house there was a perfect niche in the kitchen for me to call my workspace.  I realized right away that with the new house I would be losing that space so I decided to create a "his and hers office" that we could both share.  Preston works in his home office a lot so I needed it to be a functional and inviting space for him.  We had a custom desk built for us with all the office necessities like filing cabinets and lots of storage and flanked it with shelving.  I had found an inspiration picture on Houzz a long time ago and showed it to our cabinet guys.  They did a phenomenal job of creating this piece for us. We used the painting of the Chrysler Building as the center focal point.  That painting was the first thing I bought for the new house.  I gave it to Preston last Christmas and it's been under our bed all wrapped up for almost a year.  It was pretty exciting to be able to hang it up.  Preston and both I love New York and have created a lot of special memories in our travels there over the years.  It's a great daily reminder of all those trips we cherish so much.   But my most favorite part of our new office is the view from my side of the desk...