Saturday, August 22, 2015

A kid in a candy fabric store

This morning I had a meeting with our lovely window treatment designer.  I definitely have a love affair for fabrics and a well dressed window so this was a particularly exciting meeting for me.  She brought dozens of samples for each room and I had the pleasure of weeding through them, picking out my favorites.

Below are the fabrics I choose for our morning room.  I am so excited for this little nook in the house we are going to create.  I can't wait to sit all cozied up on the banquette, sipping tea, flipping through my Ina Garten cookbooks.  Apparently we have a lot of rain coming this winter so if I can hear the rain pattering down in his idyllic scenario, all the better!  

Fabrics, wallpaper, and paint color for Madelyn's room.  Purple and teal, a color palette she picked herself that I feel confident will grow well with her.  

Hadyen's fabrics and wall color.  He has been far too busy playing Nerf wars with the neighbor kids these last days of summer vacation to bother himself with such decisions as fabrics and wall color. That means mommy gets all the decision making power.  Hopefully he likes this for years to come.  


This picture does not do this stunning fabric justice.  It's a beautiful silk that will grace two windows in our Great Room and I love it so much I might just carry it around and lovingly flick it like a baby would.  

Meanwhile… at the house,  the workers are currently finishing up the interior walls with texturing and a base coat of paint.  By next weekend we should have all cabinets installed and our fireplace mantel finished.  If everything goes as planned (please construction Gods let it go as planned) we will be in our new house 9 weeks from today!  Cheers to that with my sparkling water, as we are half way through the Whole30.