Monday, August 3, 2015

The kids and I have been keeping super busy this summer so I haven't had as much time as I'd hoped to blog.  Here's the update on the house, insulation is installed.  Hooray!  Drywall could go up as early as tomorrow (fingers crossed).  Hayden's bathtub has been installed and they completed the hot mop in our master shower.  They continue to make progress on the outside of the house as well, prepping it for the stucco and putting up the siding that will make up a portion of the facade of the house.  We have decided on a landscape architect and I am super excited to start that process of designing our backyard.  After all, that is the main reason we are moving… for a bigger yard.  Our garage is nearly maxed out with new furniture and boxes filled with purchases for the new house.  I'm treating all of my purchases with the same policy that my mom had for new school clothes bought during back to school shopping.  We weren't allowed to wear any of it until school started.  And although that seemed like cruel and unusual punishment at the time, it sure made those first weeks of school exciting and special.  So, I'm not using any of my new stuff.  Once I get a package, I mark the outside with what room it will go in and dutifully pile it up in the garage.  It will be like Christmas morning each time I open a new box!  

Future Wine Room looking very fluffy with all the insulation