Saturday, April 25, 2015

High Point Market

I am still reeling from my trip to High Point Market.  What an incredible experience.  High Point, North Carolina is where the majority of furniture is made in America.  Who knew?  Every major furniture designer has a showroom in High Point for designer access only.  Twice a year they have market where designers from all over the country converge and wander through hundreds of showrooms picking up pieces for their clients and upcoming projects.  I had the amazing pleasure of being a part of their spring market.  With my mom along for support we tackled High Point in two days and came home with 31 beautiful pieces for the new house.  

So excited about this sofa I ordered in a plush, navy blue velvet fabric.  Chloe our Great Dane is certainly going to appreciate this purchase.  

Tufted Dining Chairs, LOVE

Tufted dining chairs with a velvet back
 Oh-La-La 



This beauty might be my favorite piece



Also, this happened yesterday…

As excited as I am about the new house, I'm sure going to miss this place.  We will have lived here for 9 years.  It's the only home Hayden has ever known and the only one Madelyn remembers.  We have so many incredible memories nestled into the walls of this place.  We've remodeled every inch of it making it our own.  But now my hope and prayer is that it can become a wonderful home to a new family that will cherish it the way we have.  Hopefully that family comes sooner rather than later.  Like this weekend.   Yep, this weekend works.  Having two mortgages scares the bejesus out of me.