Monday, June 15, 2015

Landscape architect meeting #1

Over the weekend we met with our first landscape architect.  We spent an hour with him going over all of the possibilities with our new backyard.  I can envision every room in the house, exactly how I want it to look but I didn't have an image in my head about the backyard until that meeting.  Once we decide which company to go with, they will create a design incorporating all the fun things we want.  After this first meeting, our long wish list of backyard elements is seeming more and more like a reality.  When we got home I decided to lay out and the kids wanted to do some water play in the backyard.  I had to laugh as I watched them, content as could be, filling up Tupperware bowls with the hose and dumping them over each other.  So maybe we forget the pool, the hillside slide, the cascading water features, and the jacuzzi and just invest in a good hose.  That way there is more money for my outdoor pizza oven.

This is the view from the top of our hillside looking down onto our backyard