Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Love me some pretty wallpaper

As promised the progress on the house has been uneventful as far as I am concerned.  We had the sprinkler system installed and all the electrical is being run throughout the house.  All very practical and necessary. Yada, yada, yada.  In much more exciting news, I received some wallpaper samples tonight. About a week ago I felt it absolutely necessary to decide on the wallpaper for a few accent walls.  A bit premature?  Maybe.  But I was on a mission.  I stayed up well past my bedtime searching thousands of wallpaper images online.  I was pleasantly surprised this evening to see the samples I had decided on, since by about the 500th image they all started to look the same and I had totally forgotten my purpose in my search.

This is the color scheme for the house (with the exception of the kid's rooms) navy blue, peonies pink, silver, and cream.  I bought a blouse in early spring with these colors and immediately thought, this is the color palette I want in the new house.  The blue wallpaper I am thinking to use as an accent in our master bedroom and the sparkly silver and cream one I am considering for an accent wall that will be seen from the entry and the wine room.