Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Master Shower

For the master shower I continued to use Calacatta Oro marble.  The great thing about marble is that it comes in so many different shapes and patterns.  The bad thing about marble is that it comes in so many different shapes and patterns.  I would leave design meetings feeling dizzy from all of the choices.  I loved the mosaic pattern and knew I wanted to incorporate it somehow in the shower.  Using it on the floor and as an accent on one wall was the answer.  Knowing that using this material would come with a lot of color variation, I kept it simple from there and surrounded the rest of the shower in 12x12 tiles.  We used a decorative border piece for the bench seat and to wrap around the mosaic on the wall.  I am so happy with the way it turned out.  It's fresh and bright with nice some details while still maintaining a classic look.