Monday, February 22, 2016

Pretty laundry room = happy laundress

I really despise doing the laundry.  I do it, dutifully each week but I would really rather be doing pretty much anything else.  Knowing this about myself, I created a laundry room I would enjoy being in.  A space that would inspire me to embrace the laundry and all of the folding and sock matching that goes along with it.  Bright, white subway tiles adorn one wall to freshen up the joint since it doesn't have a window and the other walls are painted in Dunn Edward's crisp, French White.  For lighting, crystal flushmounts add a bit of glamour as well as the crystal hardware on the cabinets.  The black and white tiled flooring adds some whimsy and for further inspiration, I had a sign made from Etsy reminding me to be thankful for the piles of laundry.  So now I really have no excuse other than to tackle those dirty clothes with the happiest of hearts.  And I do.  Most of the the time.