Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Let the packing begin

I woke up this morning with a nasty cold so all my plans for today got postponed.  I figured if I was going to be stuck at home feeling icky I might as well get my booty out of bed and feel icky while being productive.   So I put on some comfy clothes, lit a candle, and started the lengthy process of packing up our house.  There may have been some Christmas music involved too.  If the stores can put out their Christmas stuff in full force then I certainly should be allowed to listen to my Charlie Brown Christmas play list.  In October.  While it's 85 out.  It was a bittersweet feeling as I started emptying drawers and cabinets.  I didn't expect those moments of sorrow, but they crept in.  I guess when you have nothing but amazing memories in a home that you've lived in for 9 years it is difficult to move on.  Even if the next chapter is an exciting one.    

Au revoir my pretty china.  See ya in a few weeks!